Neighbourhood Houses/Centres (the generic term) are locally run not for profit organisations. We work with our communities to offer opportunities to meet local needs. You might find different things on offer across the country, however you will always find a warm welcome and the buzz of people coming together to connect, learn, create and have fun.
Watch our latest video – to understand the essence of what Houses and Centres are all about.
And see the list below to show what might be on offer at your local Neighbourhood House or Centre
- community events, support groups, classes, walking groups, activities for people of ages, abilities and life stages
- playgroups, childcare and children services
- a community meeting to address a local problem
- a volunteer gardening and home maintenance crew heading out to assist people in the community that might need a hand
- an online classroom
- a community shed or garden full of fresh produce and enthusiastic gardeners
- people sharing a cup of tea
- a social enterprise providing employment and training to local people
- a multicultural group learning English or
- assistance with food parcels, emergency relief and fixing local support services
- opportunities to volunteer